Nagios doesn't send notifications

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Nov 22 09:58:52 CET 2007

Alexander Bespalov wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Nagios (3.0b6 version) doesn't send notifications if 'log_notifications' parameter set to '0'.
>
> Why? Please explain me if you know.

It's impossible to know without checking your entire configuration, but if you
make really, really sure that Nagios does as expected of it at one point, and
then change *only* the log_notifications value only to see it fail (assuming
you've verified everything else again, ofcourse), it's reasonable to assume
that what you're seeing is a bug.

> Whom should I report if this is a bug?

nagios-devel at lists.sourceforge.net. Make really sure notification_options,
notification_period and everything else suggests that Nagios really should
have sent the notification before you report there though. False bug-reports
drain time from developers. When it happens because someone hasn't read the
documentation or verified their own configuration, you can get scolded fairly
hard.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se