change management or source control for Nagios configs?

Frost, Mark {PBG} mark.frost1 at pepsi.com
Thu Apr 10 20:15:11 CEST 2008

I'm wondering what most people out there use for change management of
Nagios config files.  I had been using BZR (bazaar-ng) for a while, but
when I refreshed my servers it was a bit of a pain and haven't put it
there yet.  I've tried to read about other ways to do this (RCS, SVN,
etc), but they all seem so strongly oriented towards source-code
projects that it's kind of confusing to run them with just config files.

Some of these methods are complicated by the fact that they want to make
their archive directory inside Nagios' directory structure.  This gets
kind of weird as I use nagios.cfg directives to tell it to recursively
read directories rather than just specifically named files.  BZR worked
OK in this regard as it's dir was ".bzr" and was never picked up by
Nagios.

Ultimately, I'm trying to provide myself with the ability to track
changes and potentially roll them back.  Is anyone else out there using
some wonderful solution to this?

Thanks

Mark