best solution for configuration changes

Brian Loe knobdy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 18:48:28 CET 2008

On Jan 3, 2008 11:41 AM, Valdinger, Stephen (DOV, MSX) <
svalding at doverchem.com> wrote:

>  Fruity is a great tool. It is driven by a MySQL back-end. Users make
> changes in the web interface, which get saved to the database. Once all is
> reviewed, you can verify everything in the web before writing the actual
> configuration files. Being a web app, something as simple as a .htaccess
> file will work for your authentication, or you can incorporate it however
> you like. This is not for the 3.x branch, and is currently being revamped
> into a project called Lilac. It should be very interesting once it is done.
> The project intends to create a web-configuration front end to manage many
> of the major open-source network monitoring tools such as Nagios and Cacti,
> etc…
>

> Stephen Valdinger

I'm watching this project, and have been for awhile, because I use both
Nagios and Cacti - but it has not yet hit the point of development that I'm
able to use it...the simple htaccess file is a part of the problem actually
- what's the mechanism for allowing users to change their own passwords, via
the web?! :)