[Nagiosplug-help] check_netscreen_vpn

Marcus adesperateuser at googlemail.com
Fri May 23 15:08:17 CEST 2008

Tim Van Caeyzeele schrieb:
> Marcus thanks for your support ;)
Doing it for fun and karma-credits ;-)

> 1 last newbie question:
Indeed ...

> How do I adjust permissions and how do I run it from the commandline ?
# Let it be owned by nagios-user
chown nagios:nagios /path/to/nagios/libexec/scriptname

# Make it executable
chmod u+x /path/to/nagios/libexec/scriptname
# Gives the user (nagios) an execute-possibility on the script.
# Otherwise you need to call it with "perl scriptname"

> Just type check_netscreen_vpn ? or perl check_netscreen_vpn ?
Either full path to script
(/path/to/nagios/libexec/scriptname <Parameters>)
or do a "cd" to your nagios/libexec and type
./check_netscreen_vpn -H 10.1.1.23 -C your_password -n "somevpn" -l

The first line of the script invokes the correct interpreter, normally,
so you don't type "perl check_netscreen_vpn ..." usually, but you could
do that, too.

See the usage-examples on
http://www.nagiosexchange.org/cgi-bin/pages/Detailed/1681.html

If it doesn't work, maybe you have a distro-nagios, which might not be
in /usr/local/nagios. Then you have to adjust the perl-script with an
editor editing the line
use lib "/usr/local/nagios/libexec"  ;
to wherever your libexec is located at.
I run into this issue at least two times already :-/ (but now I know
what to watch out for).

> PS: I'm having issues with some SH scripts, same problem as the PERL one I guess ;)
Probably, but this should get you going, I hope... Same procedure.

Greetz, Marcus

P.S.:
Two more things:

1) Keep it on the list please, for the sake of sharing knowledge with
others.

2)

A: Yes.
 >Q: Are you sure?