Group monitoring

Germán Gutiérrez germang at gmail.com
Tue May 27 17:02:26 CEST 2008

I think I'm not the only one with this issue, but I couldn't find any
documented solution.

We have a group of servers, sometimes, for a common reason, a service
goes down almost simultaneously and we get around 30 alerts about the
same thing.

I've seen it solved with a "randomizer" monitor, that checks only one
server of the group randomly. That's a solution, but we loose the
ability to monitor one service failure in one host.

Any thoughts? Links? Clues? RTFM?

--
Regards,
 Germán

Delivering common sense since 1969.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0