Notification Recovery Issue

Leah Fisher leahfist at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 15:09:30 CET 2008

I have been noticing an issue with notifications that I wanted to run by
everyone before I report it as a bug.  I'm also hoping someone who is on the
development list can let me know if this has already been reported.  I use
escalations to suppress notifications on weekends so when no one is around
to fix something, we don't have a very full inbox come Monday.  So, on non
work hours, I have a host escalation that goes to a false email starting
from notification 2 to infinity.  This works great, but if the host recovers
during the escalation period, recovery notifications only go to the
escalation user, not all the users that were notified of the problem.  This
becomes a problem as certain management folk don't seem to know how to go to
the website to look at the status and think things are still down without a
recovery notification.  I am not sure about service alerts, but I know this
has not worked for quite some time on host alerts.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Thanks,

Leah