Negating regular expression matching a host_name

Oscar Elfving sofam84 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 14:23:45 CEST 2008

Hello everyone,
I'm currently trying to exclude a range of hosts that do not share
certain hardware with the rest of the cluster, and I want to exclude
them by using regular expressions.
Whenever I try to use the exclamation mark with the star, nagios tells
me it can't find any matching hosts.

I'm obviously missing something here, how can I do this in a good way?

define service {
        hostgroup_name                  mailgw-servers
        # Exceptions
        host_name                       !mailgwb*
        service_description         AACRAID controller status
        check_command                   check_nrpe_1arg!check_aacraid_config
        notification_interval           0
        }

Also, thank you for a great Nordic Nagios meet in Stockholm in June!

Best regards,
Oscar Elfving