Service Notifications Issue on SLES sp2

Mark.Keyte at lshtm.ac.uk Mark.Keyte at lshtm.ac.uk
Thu Sep 11 16:28:13 CEST 2008

Hi

Sorry this is my first post to this list. I have had a problem with service alert notifications (eg. PING etc) since upgrading from SLES 10 SP1 to SLES 10 SP2 (everything was working fine before this). For some reason Nagios has stopped sending service alerts to the postfix mail relay when a service becomes critical. If you send a custom service notification it works fine so the postfix side of things still seem to be ok. I'm wondering whether a package update has busted it. Looking at mail logs it seems that messages are just not being sent from Nagios.

Has anybody had similar issues using SLES SP2.

Thanks

Mark

Mark Keyte
IT Services
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
Keppel St, London, WC1E 7HT
ext 8362
0207 958 8362