Notification by email !!!!

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Jan 19 18:48:17 CET 2009

On Jan 19, 2009, at 11:13 AM, Sergio Ariel wrote:

> Please, I'm trying to notify to some email address but I can't.
>
> I send notifications to @iris.uh.cu without problems but I can't
> notify
> @uh.cu addresses.
>
> Where can I find the problem?

In your logs, of course.

Look in nagios.log and verify that the notifications are being sent.
Look in your mail server logs to verify that the notifications are
being received and forwarded on.

If you still have problems, post --

nagios version and how installed.
OS version.
Whether this is a host or service notification.
The full, complete host{} definition.
The full, complete service{} definition.
The full, complete contactgroup{} definition.
The full, complete contact{} definition.
The full, complete command{} definition for the host/
service_notification_commands for that contact.

Any nagios.log entries related to the problem host/service at the time
a notification should go out.
Any mail server log entries related the the notification.
Any and all information related to troubleshooting you've done before
sending this e-mail to the list.

--
Marc