compiling plugins on Solaris 10

Neu, Timothy TNeu at sjm.com
Tue Jan 27 23:21:34 CET 2009

I'm getting the following error trying to compile nagios-plugins.  I've
tried pointing both to the Sun SSL package and the one from Sunfreeware.
I've also tried both Sun's compiler and GCC.

No joy.   I'm hoping someone else has seen this problem and managed to
get past it.

gcc -g -O2 -I/usr/local/openssl/include -o check_http check_http.o
sslutils.o netutils.o utils.o
-L/opt/sjm/sources/nagios-plugins-1.4.13/plugins -L/usr/local/ssl/lib
../lib/libnagiosplug.a ../gl/libgnu.a -lresolv -lssl -lcrypto -lnsl
-lsocket -ldl

OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms          sslutils.o

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to check_http

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

*** Error code 1

make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `check_http'

Current working directory /opt/sjm/sources/nagios-plugins-1.4.13/plugins

*** Error code 1

The following command caused the error:

failcom='exit 1'; \

for f in x $MAKEFLAGS; do \

  case $f in \

    *=* | --[!k]*);; \

    *k*) failcom='fail=yes';; \

  esac; \

done; \

dot_seen=no; \

target=`echo all-recursive | sed s/-recursive//`; \

list='gl lib plugins plugins-scripts plugins-root po'; for subdir in
$list; do \

  echo "Making $target in $subdir"; \

  if test "$subdir" = "."; then \

    dot_seen=yes; \

    local_target="$target-am"; \

  else \

    local_target="$target"; \

  fi; \

  (cd $subdir && make  $local_target) \

  || eval $failcom; \

done; \

if test "$dot_seen" = "no"; then \

  make  "$target-am" || exit 1; \

fi; test -z "$fail"

make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

Current working directory /opt/sjm/sources/nagios-plugins-1.4.13

*** Error code 1

make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

This communication, including any attachments, may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential or legally exempt from disclosure.  If you are not a named addressee, you are hereby notified that you are not authorized to read, print, retain a copy of or disseminate any portion of this communication without the consent of the sender and that doing so may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender via return e-mail and delete it from your system.