experience with check_sasraid_megaraid for Dell PERC 4?

Bo Gusman mlist at bogusville.us
Fri May 1 20:51:49 CEST 2009

Well, if I use the default snmpd.conf, I can connect to the host using
snmpwalk locally and from the nagios host, but I can't see anything
related to the perc array. It is this configuration that causes the perl
substr error when I run check_sasraid_megaraid.

Renaming percsnmpd.conf -> snmpd.conf, I can't connect to the host at
all either using snmpwalk or the script.

Both conf files have a line "pass .1.3.6.1.4.1.3582 /usr/sbin/percmain"
as the last line of the file, but I don't understand enough about snmp
(reading the docs is giving me a headache! :) to be able to connect the
dots.

Would you share relevant snmpd.conf info for me, James?

Much thanks for your patience and advice.

    Bo