service escalation problems

Bruce Thayre bthayre at physics.ucsd.edu
Thu May 7 01:39:34 CEST 2009

Hi,
Thanks for the idea, i gave it a shot and it does not seem to be of any
help.  I was under the impresion that service escalations were for
taking the nag out of nagios by curbing its tendency to spam admins with
notifications for large networks, or for specific services.  More
specifically, if say i don't address a critical state because it's not
important to me, i don't want to get hourly notifications.  I want a
reminder after say three hours, maybe another after another three hours,
and then i want all subsequent reminders to take longer and longer.  Now
i set this up last time with nagios 2, and had zero issues.  I'm
wondering if something has changed in nagios 3, or if there is some
essential step i'm forgetting/missing.  If this continues not working,
i'll just have to try host escalations, and see if i can do anything
with those.
Thanks,
Bruce