Running Windows batch files through NRPE

Leleux, Jeremy J jjleleux at sunlandconstruction.com
Tue May 19 16:14:59 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I'm running Nagios 3.0.6/CentOS 5.2 for my Nagios server.  Its
monitoring my Windows Servers, all 2003, I have NSClient++ on those
servers and its working fine.  My problem is that I'm trying to
centralize the configs on the NSClient++'s w/ the help of batch files.
I have setup commands to allow me run the scripts w/ the help of
check_nrpe, but they will not run.

Here is the contents of one of my batch files, nscpp_config.bat, to
update the NSClient++ config:
		@echo off
		xcopy
\\10.10.0.50\public\Departments\Infor~1\Scripts\nscpp_copy.bat
C:\Progra~1\NSClient++ /Y
		exit
When I try to run this command from my Nagios Server, I get an "Invalid
Drive Specification Error".  And here is my config line to allow the
command in NSClient++:
		cp_script=nscpp_config.bat
If someone else has done this in past, please let me know how you have
done this.

Respectfully,

Jeremy Leleux
IT Administrator