Problem with check_openmanage 3.5.6

Trond Hasle Amundsen t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no
Thu Feb 25 15:38:50 CET 2010

Nicole Hähnel <ml at nicole-haehnel.de> writes:

> it's a windows server.
> So I'm using check_openmanage with snmp.
>
> check_openmanage -s -C $ARG1$ -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -e -i -p --state --check
> intrusion=1,alertlog=1,esmlog=1 -o 3 --htmlinfo de
>
> List of Physical Disks on Controller CERC SATA 1.5/6ch (Slot 4)
>
> Controller CERC SATA 1.5/6ch (Slot 4)
> ID                        : 0:0
> Status                    : Unknown
> Name                      : Physical Disk 0:0
> State                     : Unknown
> Failure Predicted         : No
> Progress                  : Not Applicable
> Bus Protocol              : SATA
> Media                     : HDD
> Capacity                  : 149.05 GB (160040681472 bytes)
> Used RAID Disk Space      : 0.00 GB (0 bytes)
> Available RAID Disk Space : 0.00 GB (0 bytes)
> Hot Spare                 : No
> Vendor ID                 : WDC
> Product ID                : WD1600JS-55MHB0
> Revision                  : 02.0
> Serial No.                :      WD-WCANM3083963
> Negotiated Speed          : Not Available
> Capable Speed             : Not Available
> Manufacture Day           : Not Available
> Manufacture Week          : Not Available
> Manufacture Year          : Not Available
> SAS Address               : Not Available

Ok, so the status and state are both "Unknown". I'm guessing that these
values are completely missing in the SNMP output, which is why perl
chokes on it. I've added some robustness in the code that should handle
this case properly. Please try the beta version (3.5.7-beta1) available
here:

  http://folk.uio.no/trondham/tmp/check_openmanage-3.5.7-beta1

The plugin will give an alert on the drive, which in my opinion is the
correct thing to do. You can always blacklist the drive. The cause of
the error is obviously that this is a non-Dell drive, which Openmanage
doesn't know how to handle.

BTW, you can reduce your command definition to this:

  check_openmanage -s -C $ARG1$ -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -e -i -p -a -o 3 --htmlinfo de

The effect will be the same. You probably defined the command a while
ago, and there have been some changes to options since then.

Cheers,
--
Trond H. Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>
Center for Information Technology Services, University of Oslo