Nagios authentication thru LDAP.

Axel Rosenski rosenski at wave-computer.de
Thu Aug 11 12:00:20 CEST 2011

Hi Robert,

Am Mittwoch, 10. Aug. 11, 12:23:17 schrieb Robert J Molerio:
> Can anyone indicate how this can be done?
> We would like users to log on to Nagios via LDAP.
> I think we need to configure the Apache server within Nagios to be able to
> do this but we're not sure.

you need to install the apache ldap modules and put this in your apache nagios
vhost config. In this case it's better to have a redundant ldap ;)

    <Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin">
        AllowOverride None
        AuthType basic
        AuthName "Auth needed!"
        AuthBasicProvider ldap
        AuthLDAPURL ldap://your.ldap.server:389/dc=bla,dc=fasel?uid?sub?
(objectClass=whatYouNeed)
        AuthLDAPGroupAttribute memberUid
        AuthLDAPGroupAttributeIsDN off
        require ldap-group your-ldap-group
        require ldap-user your-ldap-user
        Options ExecCGI
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

    <Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share">
        AllowOverride None
        AuthType basic
        AuthName "Auth needed!"
        AuthBasicProvider ldap
        AuthLDAPURL ldap://your.ldap.server:389/dc=bla,dc=fasel?uid?sub?
(objectClass=whatYouNeed)
        AuthLDAPGroupAttribute memberUid
        AuthLDAPGroupAttributeIsDN off
        require ldap-group your-ldap-group