error: (Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing)

Werner Flamme werner.flamme at ufz.de
Tue Jul 26 12:13:02 CEST 2011

عبد الحميد  [26.07.2011 11:44]:
> i've try to monitor just localhost which the configuration is already
> written in /etc/nagios/objects
> i've the localhost "down" and the error (Return code of 127 is out of bounds
> - plugin may be missing) for services
> any help!!
>

> with regards

You still did not show how the results of the checks look like when you
execute them manually from command line as user nagios.

From what you wrote, this should be the command (replace "host" with the
name of the host you want to monitor)

/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_snmp_load.pl -H host -C public --v2c -T
stand -w 85 -c 85

BTW, you wrote "$user1$ :  /usr/lib/nagios/plugins". For me, it is
"$USER1$" in capital letters...

How does your nagios detect that localhost is down? check_icmp?
check_ping? Try "chmod 4755 /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_icmp" and/or
"chmod 4755 /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_ping".

Regards,
Werner