check_snmp Issue

Anjana Gonagala anjanag at goodhope-lk.com
Tue Aug 21 06:44:28 CEST 2012

Hi Team,

We implemented the Nagios latest version in our organization and we are
experiencing following mentioned issue.

We need to monitor switches, routers through "check_snmp" plugin and when
executed the plugin, got the below error.

root at bescmbex:/usr/lib/nagios/plugins# ./check_snmp -H 192.168.7.9 -C
ahlbs_snmp -o ifOperStatus.1 -r 1 -m RFC1213-MIB
External command error: MIB search path:
/root/.snmp/mibs:/usr/share/mibs/site:/usr/share/snmp/mibs:/usr/share/mibs/iana:/usr/share/mibs/ietf:/usr/share/mibs/netsnmp
Cannot find module (SNMPv2-SMI): At line 0 in (none)
ifOperStatus.1: Unknown Object Identifier (Sub-id not found: (top) ->
ifOperStatus)

root at bescmbex:/usr/lib/nagios/plugins#

Environment Details

Ubuntu 11.0
Nagios 3.4.1

Appreciate your quick response regarding above.

Regards,

The information contained in this message and any attachments are confidential
and/or privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed.  Any retransmission, dissemination or taking of any action
in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error please notify
helpdesk at goodhope-lk.com  immediately and delete this message.  Official
business transactions of the Company are subject to written contract and/or formal
official correspondence by the Company.

Visit Our Corporate Website: www.goodhopeholdings.com