Confusion on nrpe

Giles Coochey giles at coochey.net
Wed May 9 17:53:58 CEST 2012

On 09/05/2012 14:33, Meyer, Bruce wrote:

> HiJacking a thread? What are you talking about? If I had maintained
> someone's subject but changed the content, that is hijacking a thread.
> Merely hitting 'reply' and deleting the subject and replacing it, deleting
> the body and writing my own does not seem to me, to qualify as hijacking a
> thread. That is creating a new thread, by changing the subject and body.
> Or am I completely missing something? I do sort by thread on my machine
> and my emails are perfectly sorted. Perhaps you should start sorting my
> subject instead of X-header or whatever you are threading on now.

When you upgrade to a threaded mail reader you will understand :-)

Actually, replying to another thread to start your own is considered
'hijacking'

If you were to change or omit the following headers in your reply, then
it would not be considered a hijack:

--
Best Regards,
Giles Coochey, CCNA Security, CCNA