Inconsistency of Nagios

Srikanth Gumma sri4mailing at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 11:38:53 CET 2013

Hi,

I need some help regarding nagios.

We have around 500 Linux servers for which we are doing a ping and ssh
monitoring only. The entire functionality is based on remote and no NRPE
service is deployed. However I see very inconsistency on nagios
functionality. sometimes I don't see any updates on the nagios console for
more than one week.

Our Nagios is installed on CentOS6.2 OS and it's the latest version Nagios
Core 3.4.3. and I could only see some messages like below in
/var/log/messages

'SSH' on host 'xyz' looks like it was orphaned (results never came back).
 I'm scheduling an immediate check of the service...

any help is highly appreciated.

Regards
Srikanth