3.0b3 servicedependency bug?

hindrek murdsalu hindrek.murdsalu at tallink.ee
Thu Oct 4 09:44:49 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've set up a check_cluster service for processes running on 2 hosts, at
the same time I check the memory usage of those processes separately, so
when a process isn't running on 1 host, I don't want to send notifies
nor even actively check the memory usage. For that I defined service
dependencies like this:

define servicedependency{
        host_name                       server100,server101
        dependent_host_name             server100,server101
        dependent_service_description   SwDocBatch Memory
        service_description             SwDocBatch
        inherits_parent                 0
        execution_failure_criteria      c
        notification_failure_criteria   c
        }

And indeed, it doesn't check nor notify when the process isn't running,
however, the service has come up long ago (as in it's in an OK state or
in a state other than c), yet it STILL doesn't check nor notify the
memory usage although it should. Now either this is a bug or I'm failing
at understanding the servicedependency function.
Here are the service definitions just in case they might be needed:

define service{
        use                     inventory-service
        host_name               server101,server100
        service_description     SwDocBatch
        check_command
check_snmp_process!SwDocBatch.exe!0,1!0,1!
        notifications_enabled   0
        }
define service{
        use                     inventory-service
        host_name               server101,server100
        service_description     SwDocBatch Memory
        check_command
check_snmp_process!SwDocBatch.exe!0,1!-1,1! -m 100,150
        }
define service{
        name                            inventory-service
        active_checks_enabled           1
        passive_checks_enabled          1
        parallelize_check               1
        obsess_over_service             1
        check_freshness                 0
        notifications_enabled           1
        event_handler_enabled           1
        flap_detection_enabled          1
        failure_prediction_enabled      1
        process_perf_data               1
        retain_status_information       1
        retain_nonstatus_information    1
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           10
        retry_check_interval            2
        contacts                        inventory
        notification_options            c,r
        notification_interval           1440
        notification_period             24x7
        register                        0