creating CGI scripts and interacting with existing ones.

Marc Powell lists at xodus.org
Thu Apr 1 13:51:55 CEST 2010

On Mar 31, 2010, at 1:19 PM, Mohammed Murphy wrote:

> Thanks for the hints Marc. Unfortunately I was not clear enough about my
> requirements before so I will expound a bit more.
>
> I only want to talk about the first issue of creating CGI scripts and
> break it down into two parts. Firstly, I would like to create a web page
> that contains the look & feel and header & footer info of the existing
> pages with my own customised web data in the middle. The important point
> is that I would like it to be automated, because (as I revealed in my
> last email) this is for an installer-type application. So for instance,
> if a Nagios user updates their Nagios system to a newer version with a
> slighly different look & feel, then the same installer-type application
> will still be able to generate the custom page appropriately. Is this
> possible?

You could use the same CSS file as nagios, using what you feel are the appropriate classes and code your layout to be similar to Nagios but what you're wanting to do seems like magic to me. If the Look and Feel of Nagios changes between versions, you're going to have to update your code to match. I just don't see any way around it.

> nBoard, for instance, requires that a new html page simply be
> added to an 'extras' directory; so I wondered if the default Nagios web
> UI had a similar mechanism.

No, it does not.

--
Marc