status.cgi segfault without hostgroup parameter on solaris 10

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Oct 20 19:32:45 CEST 2010

On 10/20/2010 04:32 PM, Ton Voon wrote:

> On 4 Oct 2010, at 07:41, Michael Friedrich wrote:
>
>> Ethan Galstad wrote:

> Just a small note: the git diff you provided used different tab
> spacings, which makes it a bit more awkward to apply. Could you use
> the same syntax when providing a diff?
>
> Andreas, Ethan: we discussed some syntax cleansing tool. I use
> perltidy for Opsview (primarily perl code) and it helps all developers
> to adhere to the same coding standards. Is there an equivalent in the
> C world?

There is the aeons-old, fairly-much-used and very-nearly standard gnu
"indent" program. It's awesome, but for one thing; It can't be told to
indent with tabs and do continuation indentation with spaces.

It's not much use to check in huge re-indent patches when we haven't
even agreed on HOW to indent though.

Personally, I vote for Linux kernel style, which is basically like so

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
	void *ptr;

	ptr = malloc(some_value);
	if (!ptr && !(some_value ^ some_other_value)) {
		take(action, with, params, and, stuff);
	} else {
		errors += error_diff(!something);
	}
}

That is, basically:
 - asterisks end up with the variable name
 - spaces between C keywords and opening parentheses
 - no space between function calls and opening parentheses
 - no space after opening parentheses
 - no space before closing parentheses
 - else cuddles with curly braces
 - indent is one tab per level
 - space always follow comma
 - space surrounds arithmetic, logical and bitwise operators
 - tabs are 8 spaces wide

Unless anybody whines before november 10, I'll make this happen,
with the caveat that continuation indentation will be with tabs
instead of spaces (though gods know I'd prefer it the other way
around).

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/nokia-dev2dev