check_ifoperstatus problems

electro electro at subpar.net
Sat Aug 24 19:56:37 CEST 2002

Hello list,

    I'm trying to use "check_ifoperstatus" to check the serial interfaces on my router as well as some switches here.  I checked all the plugins in the "/usr/local/nagios/libexec/" dir and everything is owned by nagios. I was even able to log in as the nagios user and execute the plugins.  However, in the services.cfg file I have it hardcoded just to test as follows:

define command{
        command_name    check_ifoperstatus_int1
        command_line    $USER1$/check_ifoperstatus -k 2 -H xx.xx.xx.xx -C blah
        }

But, for some reason I keep checking the website and under the service problems I keep receiving "(Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing)".  If I am able to run the command as the "nagios" user, why would the running daemon have a problem executing this command?  Any insight would be very much appreciated.  Thanks!

- Jeff