Reset alerts from passive service checks

Tue Dec 3 01:33:15 CET 2002

Dear Sir,

This may be dealt with comprehensively in the superb docco for
integrating nagios/neysaint with Net-SNMP (eg
http://your_host/nagios/docs/int-snmptrap.html
).

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 06:39:36PM +0100, Jan-Peter Koopmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I started fooling aroung with the passive service checks to handle my
> SNMP traps. I have it up and running to the point that an SNMP trap
> triggers a service and puts it into critical. Is there an easy way to
> get this back to OK within the GUI.

The principle is that all service definitions need a check command_line
but in fact this command_line is __never__ run.

Make this command_line a check that always returns true (eg check_dummy
or check_ping with appropriate args for the location of the source of
the traps) and then all that's necessary is to force a service check.

> In case you are asking why: I want to be notified by firewall attacks
> but once I have the notification and acknowledged the alarm I want it to
> disappear.
>
> Regards,
>  JP

HTH,