Notification options for email/pager

mark mark at woodstream.net
Tue Apr 1 18:38:40 CEST 2003

I'm working on the same problem. I can see the escalation logic, but that
leaves me with a situation where some warnings might get pages sent and
with a potentially long delay until a page gets sent. I too wish there was
some internal logic that said if state=x email and page, otherwise just
email.

Bascially, I'm going to implement this in an external script that will get
run for all notifications. One script for hosts, one for services. I'm
going to pass all the variabled that are used in misccommands.cfg to the
script. The script will then just check the $SERVICESTATE$, if it's
critical, it will send a page and an email. If it's non-critical, it will
just send an email.

I haven't done this yet though. Before I do, does anyone have input,
thoughts or another, cleaner, way to select the notification method(s)
based on the state?

Mark