Decreasing the number of false warnings

Nicholas Bernstein nick at docmagic.com
Tue Apr 29 21:31:31 CEST 2003

I have a problem where a lot of servers will go critical with the
ping_check all at once. I'm assuming that this is due to load on the
nagios server, and was wondering if any of you had some recommendations
as to how to get these to go away. The machine it's running on is a rh
linux box with no other services running on it, aside from ntp, and a
samba share of the config files so it's easy for the windows admin to
make changes. It's a 330 mhz box with a new 120 gig (fast) hd, and a
10/100 nic. I would like to keep the ping checks fairly close together,
and was wondering what you all thought about the best way to tune it to
not give the warnings.

Thanks,
Nick