'parents' and network latency

Tedman Eng teng at dataway.com
Sat Jul 19 19:11:42 CEST 2003

We monitor globally dispersed systems, and some of the more extreme
locations have really bad network connections.
We implemented Nagios it this way, which may be helpful to try in your
situation.

I increased the critical threshold on the check_ping (lets say Switch01 is
in Siberia and recieves bad pings all the time, so I make it use
check_ping!1500,50%,2500,75%)  Then, use Switch01's check_ping service as
the template name for each of the  children's service check commands.
They'll all inherit the tuned ping thresholds.

news:6.0.0.8.2.20030718183434.022b47d8 at pop1.mail.com...