help

rahatpuri.singh at sgcib.com rahatpuri.singh at sgcib.com
Wed Jul 30 14:44:36 CEST 2003

hi ,
    thankyou for you response ,  i have checked all the cfg files and  it
looks that all the  entries  are correct. but still i am  not  able to view
nagios graphics
    ie  ( http://hostname/nagios) the page opens and if  i click any links
in the Monitoring panel , it  asks for  authentication  ie i think you have
to  give
    user as nagiosadmin  and password XXXXXX  . but i get  the following
error

  Authentication required!
> >       This server could not verify that you are authorized to access
> the
> >       URL "/nagios/sbin/status.cgi". You either supplied the wrong
> >       credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't
> understand
> >       how to supply the credentials required.
> >       In case you are allowed to request the document, please check
> your
> >       user-id and password and try again.
> >       If you think this is a server error, please contact the
> webmaster
> > Error 401

Regards
R.Shailendra Singh
TEL:(080) 8095142

|         |           "Ian Davidson"   |
|         |           <idavidso at juniper|
|         |           .net>            |
|         |           07/30/03 05:58 PM|
  |       To:       Rahatpuri SINGH/ia/socgen at socgen                                                             |
  |       cc:                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  RE: [Nagios-users] help                                                                      |

This isn't a real-user on your system, just a username/passwd
combination to access the cgi scripts on the Nagios web-pages.