Freshness threshold exceeded (bug?)

Mijo Saftic msaftic at Transfer-Solutions.com
Fri Feb 13 11:43:55 CET 2004

Hi,

Apologies if this questions has been asked before, but it seems the search functionality is not working in the mailing list archives. I'm currently still running Nagios 1.0 on a Solaris 8 server. I'm seeing some strange behaviour I cannot explain regarding passive checks. The freshness threshold for a particular service is set to 7200 seconds. Even though the threshold has not been exceeded, Nagios reacts as if it has, running a "passive service check missing" script which makes the service turn up as critical. Here's a line from the Event log:

The results of service 'x' on host 'y' are stale by 60 seconds (threshold=7200 seconds). I'm forcing an immediate check of the service.

Is this something that's been fixed in 1.1 or 1.2?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards.