Service that do not try other attempts

kudjat kudjat at voila.fr
Thu Jan 22 13:36:51 CET 2004

Hello,

I wrote my own nagios plugins.
Those are requested thanks to SSH.
Those are written in perl and are on linux or win2K servers.
They do well work since they display their service status and description in nagios.

However, if such a check returns me a CRITICAL or a WARNING state, nagios does not try to check another time 1 minute later as I asked it to do in services.cfg
As a consequence nagios cannot reach the max_check_attempts and so cannot notify me.

Thanks for your help.

Here is a service syntax :

define service{
use generic-service
host_name nt_2
service_description process_bidon
is_volatile 0
normal_check_interval 5
retry_check_interval 1
max_check_attempts 5
check_period workhours
notification_period workhours
notification_interval 30
check_command own_made_ssh_check!\\\"./check_process_bidon --login_sql user1 --pwd_sql_base_bidon user1pwds\\\"
}