Migrating nagios to new server

Alex Farrer afarrer at africonnect.com
Wed Jun 2 18:04:42 CEST 2004

I'm having a minor problem migrating my Nagios 1.2 installation onto a new
server. Since this new machine is running the same OS (Fedora) rather than
recompile and install nagios from scratch, ive simply copied the entire
nagios directory from the original server to the new server. I've made sure
that all the libraries are installed on the new machine (using the same
rpms), the directory structure is exactly the same, permissions are right
and the webserver is set up the same. So I start up nagios, and everything
runs fine, with no error messages.

However, when using the web interface, each of the cgis that should appear
in the right hand frame on the screen display a "Error- Msissing
Content-Type" header?

Any ideas where i'm going wrong? Ive seen a faq suggesting that i need to
recompile without debugging enabled, but surely this doesn't apply in this
case, since im using cgis that have already been compiled and work on an
identical system?

Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Alex