[Nagiosplug-help] plugins that integrate with rrdtool

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Sep 15 23:36:50 CEST 2004

________________________________

From: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of
atonns at mail.ivillage.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 3:09 PM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net;
nagiosplug-help at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagios-users] RE: [Nagiosplug-help] plugins that integrate
with rrdtool

> Have a look at cacti. It's available at http://raxnet.net and was
> designed for this purpose specifically. It uses net-snmp (the C-coded
> standards-defining one) to fetch its data, so it can handle any
> SNMP-version ever mentioned in any RFC you pick.

The php-ness of cacti is what led me initially to shy away from it. I
understand that Nagios 2.0 is going with php (ugh) which is generally
annoying. I will give it a second conserdation, but I'd prefer something
that's C/perl based.

<marc> Where did you hear this? 2.0 is still using the same compiled
CGI's as before. PHP based CGI's aren't targeted until at least 3.0
which is most likley a year or more away. The move to PHP is a good
thing in that people will be able to more easily customize the
interface, integration with other software like cricket/cacti/rancid
will be easier and the session tracking will be much easier than it is
now.

--
Marc