Host assumed to be up - status information

Lendra Tanujaya L.Tanujaya at enspire.com.au
Thu Sep 16 06:14:23 CEST 2004

In response below, how do you add Nagios as a service check?

Thanks

R's

Lendra

Message: 15

Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 08:55:39 +0800

From: nagios at mm.quex.org

To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net

Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Host assumed to be up - status information

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 09:43:49AM +1000, Lendra Tanujaya wrote:

> Have you come across where the host status information appears with

> 'Host assumed to be up' rather than actual status of the host itself?

> Some of the hosts that I configured for Nagios appears with the above

> status and some with the actual status. I have looked at the config
and

> it all appears to be the same.

Nagios only performs host checks if a service check on the host

fails. If all service checks are okay, then Nagios will just assume

that the host is up and not check it.  The hosts that report the

actual status either have or had one or more failed services.

If you want the data gathered by the host check command available

at all times, you'll need to make add it as a service check.

Regards,

Lendra Tanujaya

Enspire Australia Pty Ltd

Suite 504, Level 5, 530 Collins Street

Melbourne  Vic  3000

Email: helpdesk at enspire.com.au

Sales: 1300 366 394                           Support: 1300 366 392
Fax: (03) 8630 3799

This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain
information that is confidential and is subject to legal privilege. If
you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate,
distribute or copy this message or attachments. If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with
authority, states them to be the views of Enspire Australia. Before
opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects.