Hostgroup Question

Emmett Hogan EmmettH at Examen.com
Tue Jan 11 21:29:03 CET 2005

(Y'all are probably getting sick and tired of me.) :-(

Is there any way to *NOT* have a hostgroup displayed on the Hostgroup
Web pages?

For example....I group the hosts by the function, i.e. production, q/a,
development...and I want them to display in those groups on the
Hostgroup Overview and Summary pages.  However, I also group them by OS
(i.e. solaris, linux, windows)...so that I can have a set of service
definitions which relate to a specific OS hostgroup.  When I get a new
solaris box, I just add it to the solaris hostgroup and magically I have
a group of services being tested.  However, I don't want the big long
list of OS hostgroups displayed on the hostgroups page.

Does this make sense?  Is it possible? (And yes....I have read the docs).

Thanks....again!

-Emmett

--
================ Examen, Inc. ================
Emmett Hogan
Senior UNIX Administrator
emmetth at examen.com
==== Outside Counsel Management Solutions ====

CONFIDENTIAL -  PRIVILEGED INFORMATION
This e-mail may include confidential, trade secret or legally
privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please do not read, copy, use, distribute or disclose this
communication to anyone other than the intended recipient. Please
notify the sender of any error in transmission or delivery and
delete any misdirected e-mail from your system.