Citrix & Nagios

schönfeld / in-medias-res schoenfeld at in-medias-res.com
Fri Nov 11 10:17:42 CET 2005

Hi,

at our company we run a citrix metaframe XP terminalserver, which should be
monitored by nagios. We want nagios to monitor, if the terminal services are
available from the network. Well i've found the ica plugins in the contrib
directory but i can't figure out how to run them.

The network setup:

[ nagios ]    <--> firewall <--> [ citrix ]
( ext. net )                           (int. net)

Forwardings (currently without restrictions) into the internal net are
installed and tested.
Well my opinion was, that check_ica_master_browser.pl should be the right
plugin
as we don't "export" published applications directly (users logon to the
citrix via ica client)
I tried to run it like this (cause broadcasting shouldn't work across the
firewall) and got the following error:

nagios-mg:/usr/lib/nagios/plugins# ./check_ica_master_browser.pl -v -I
192.168.2.114 -P MF2
Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at
./check_ica_master_browser.pl line 64.
Bad arg length for Socket::inet_ntoa, length is 0, should be 4 at
./check_ica_master_browser.pl line 64.

What could be wrong?

Thanks in advance
Patrick Schönfeld
--
in medias res - Gesellschaft für Kommunikationssysteme mbH
Dahlenerstr. 570