Question about NRPE configuration file

Wheeler, JF (Jonathan) J.F.Wheeler at rl.ac.uk
Wed Aug 16 11:08:40 CEST 2006

wrote:
> > I am in the process of migrating from a configuration with a single
> > Nagios server to one with a master and a slave server.  As part of
this
> > migration I have updated the NRPE configuration that is installed on
the
> > clients to include both hosts as allowed_hosts for NRPE calls.
However
> > I noticed that at NRPE restart, the following messages are issued:
> >
> > Aug 14 09:24:15 NODENAME nrpe[2592]: Unknown option specified in
config
> > file '/etc/nagios/nrpe.cfg' - Line 41
> > Aug 14 09:24:15 NODENAME nrpe: nrpe startup succeeded
> > Aug 14 09:24:15 NODENAME nrpe[2593]: Starting up daemon
> > Aug 14 09:24:15 NODENAME nrpe[2593]: Warning: Daemon is configured
> > accept command arguments from clients!
> >
> > Line 41 of /etc/nagios/nrpe.cfg is the allowed_hosts line which
reads
> > allowed_hosts=III.III.III.111, III.III.III.222
> Try removing the space after the comma.
>
> -Jason Martin

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried removing the space, but the message
remains.  However it is clear from testing the clients that both
configurations work anyway !  You may (all) gather that I am just
starting with distributed monitoring, so I am learning as I go.

Jonathan Wheeler
e-Science Centre
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory