Exporting Nagios State (maybe via XML)

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Feb 28 17:24:21 CET 2006

And replaced with the much more powerful and flexible Event Broker
model.

> Hello,
> we're looking for a way to export the NAGIOS state and reimport it
into
> a portal. Is there some sort like an XML export or maybe some other
> interface for Nagios available?

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Development.39.0.html lists a few,
including NXE - "NXE is an XML processing layer for Nagios. NXE will
report the status of one or more Nagios systems as XML." I don't use any
of them nor do I know if they support 2.0 if you are using that so YMMV.

While it's undocumented at this time, the event broker may be worth
looking into for your project. Search the user and devel archives for
information. There are also at least 3 EB modules that I know of that
you could use for a reference, the sample 'hello world' type module
included with the distribution, nagios-db
(http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/nagios-db) and ndoutils
(http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=26589).

--
Marc