Setting up Web Interface

Werner Flamme werner.flamme at ufz.de
Thu Jan 12 17:35:47 CET 2006

Sameka Prather schrieb am 12.01.2006 16:49:
> Can some tell if there should be a cgi-bin directory under nagios.  I am
> following the directions as followed:
>
> ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin /usr/local/nagios/sbin  (this /nagios/cgi-bin is not a directory for me.  should I created it)

No, you should not. Look at the ScriptAlias configuration directive at
apache.org ;-)

This line tells apache that the "web directory" /nagios/cgi-bin is matched
by the "physical directory" /usr/local/nagios/sbin on your filesystem. And
that (executable) scripts are stored inside.

> Alias /nagios /usr/local/nagios/share

Same as above: apache translates a query to /nagios to your local directory
/usr/local/nagios/share.

Make sure both of the directories under /usr/local/nagios exist :-) and
that apache may access them (with a "chmod 755" for example).

> When I open a browser window from the server and http://ldm1/nagios the
> connection just times out.  I have apache running any ideas?

Maybe a look into /var/log/apache2 or whereever your apache logs to will
tell you the answer?

> Thank you,
> Sameka Prather
> Office of Internet Services
> sameka.prather at noaa.gov
> 301-713-1384 x 109

HTH,
Werner

--
Werner Flamme, Abt. WKDV
UFZ Umweltforschungszentrum Leipzig-Halle GmbH,