2.5 Host Check not working after upgrade

martoq martoq at tetramid.com
Fri Sep 15 17:22:01 CEST 2006

Hello All,

I have been searching the mailing list and really haven't seen anyone
with this problem.  I hope you all can help.  I recently upgraded from
2.0 to 2.5.  After doing so, host checking no longer works.  Nagios just
reports my hosts down.  I do have services on them. It even fails on
localhost.  I have taken a default install of 2.5 and get the exact same
error.  Heres what I have as well as the error I see on the webpage.
Now I want to point out, whats weird on the webpage is the status, it
shows the node as being down and reads:

Host Status:
  DOWN
Status Information:	/bin/ping -n -U -w 10 -c 1 127.0.0.1
Performance Data:
Current Attempt:	1/10
State Type:	HARD
Last Check Type:	ACTIVE
Last Check Time:	09-15-2006 11:09:11
Status Data Age:	0d 0h 0m 14s
Next Scheduled Active Check:  	N/A
Latency:	0.000 seconds
Check Duration:	0.016 seconds
Last State Change:	09-15-2006 10:31:14
Current State Duration:	0d 0h 38m 11s
Last Host Notification:	09-15-2006 10:31:14
Current Notification Number:  	1
Is This Host Flapping?	N/A
Percent State Change:	N/A
In Scheduled Downtime?
  NO
Last Update:	09-15-2006 11:09:16

Below is my host information and configs:

############################
Host: Mandrake 2006

Relavent Config:
define host{
        use                     generic-host
        host_name               localhost
        alias                   localhost
        address                 127.0.0.1
        check_command           check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts      10
        check_period            24x7
        notification_interval   120
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_options    d,r
        contact_groups          localhost-admins
        }

# 'check-host-alive' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check-host-alive
        command_line    $USER1$/check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w
3000.0,80% -c 5000.0,100% -p 1
        }

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.