Nagios sents notifi immideatly after recieving syslog error

chiel chiel at gmx.net
Thu Apr 12 13:07:22 CEST 2007

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for pointing met to check_log3, but i'm not sure if its what i'm
looking for after I tested it.
I didn't test the GroundWork yet because at this moment I only use Nagios.

The thing that I am looking for is as follows, I want to get my Nagios
notification e-mail as follows:

***** Nagios 2.8 *****

Notification Type: PROBLEM
Host: NAGIOS
State: DOWN
Address: ***.***.***.***
Info: Syslog messages

$DEVICENAME$ has reported the following syslog messages over the last 5
minutes:

Emergencies:
-emergencie message 1
-emergencie message 1

Alerts:
-alert message 1

Critical:
-etc...

Date/Time: Mon Mar 19 13:21:07 CET 200

..Or something like that.
Group those messages together is also a posibility but I prefer the above
methode.
Is this posible with the Groundwork Foundation? or must I write some custom
script? (don't hope so because I'm not that good of a programmer..maybe
someone can help?)

chiel