nsclient: no data was received from host

D.J. Bolderman d.bolderman+nagios at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 12:56:04 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've been using NSClient on my Windows servers for some time now, and
it has been working great.

However, since a week or 2, Nagios is giving me "No data was received
from host" errors on 2 servers. On the next check the problems are
gone, but they constantly come back.

There have been no significant changes on my network. There is no
excessive traffic that could interfere, so I'm quite surprised what
created this problem.

On both servers I receive this message in the eventlog:

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8608/nsclienteh5.jpg

I reinstalled NSClient, rebooted the servers, but it still gives me errors.

I'm using Nagios 2.6 and NSClient 2.01 on a Debian Etch server.

Any help would be great,

Thanks,
Dick