NDOutils installation problem

Mick michaelkintzios at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 12:09:28 CEST 2007

Hi All,

I am trying to install NDOutils-1.4b3 on Nagios-3.0a4 and it seems that the
installation fails as follows:
======================================
$ sudo make
cd ./src/; make ; cd ..
make[1]: Entering directory `/media/hda5/downloads/ndoutils-1.4b3/src'
gcc -fPIC -O0 -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c -o io.o io.c
gcc -fPIC -O0 -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c -o utils.o utils.c
gcc -O0 -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -o file2sock file2sock.c io.o
utils.o  -lz  -lm -lnsl
gcc -O0 -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -o log2ndo log2ndo.c io.o utils.o  -lz  -lm -lnsl
make ndo2db-2x
make[2]: Entering directory `/media/hda5/downloads/ndoutils-1.4b3/src'
gcc -O0 -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c -o db.o db.c
gcc -O0 -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D BUILD_NAGIOS_2X -c -o dbhandlers-2x.o
dbhandlers.c
gcc -O0 -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -D BUILD_NAGIOS_2X -o ndo2db-2x ndo2db.c
dbhandlers-2x.o io.o utils.o db.o  -L/usr/lib/postgresql/8.2/lib/ -lz  -lnsl
utils.o: In function `ndo_dbuf_strcat':
/media/hda5/downloads/ndoutils-1.4b3/src/utils.c:67: undefined reference to
`ceil'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [ndo2db-2x] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/media/hda5/downloads/ndoutils-1.4b3/src'
make[1]: *** [ndo2db] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/media/hda5/downloads/ndoutils-1.4b3/src'
======================================

Not sure if it is relevant that during compile it seemed to splatter about
mysql (couldn't find lib file) and then about postgres.  This happened
despite my passing the path to the postgres lib directory:
======================================
checking for PQconnectdb in -lpq... no

*** PostgreSQL library could not be located... *********************

You chose to compile NDBXT with PostgreSQL support, but I was
unable to locate the PostgreSQL library on your system.  If the
library is installed,  use the --with-pgsql-lib argument to specify
the location of the PostgreSQL library.

NOTE: After you install the necessary libraries on your system:
      1. Make sure /etc/ld.so.conf has an entry for the directory in
         which the PostgreSQL libraries are installed.
      2. Run 'ldconfig' to update the run-time linker options.
      3. Run 'make devclean' in the NDBXT distribution to clean out
         any old references to your previous compile.
      4. Rerun the configure script.

checking libpq-fe.h usability... no
checking libpq-fe.h presence... no
checking for libpq-fe.h... no

*** PostgreSQL include file could not be located... ****************

You chose to compile NDBXT with PostgreSQL support, but I was unable
to locate <libpq-fe.h> on your system.  If the include file is
installed, use the --with-pgsql-inc argument to specify the location
of the PostgreSQL include file.

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating include/config.h

*** ndoutils 1.4b3 04-10-2007 ***

Type 'make' to compile the NDO utilities.

Any ideas how I can fix this?
--
Regards,
Mick