Proper Service/Notification Disable Method?

kingpin kingpin at 4kb.com
Fri Mar 14 22:23:53 CET 2008

Hello,

 	Recently, the admin in charge of our nagios installation
left for another company and I have been put in charge of it's
maintenance.  No problem, everything is set up and working great.
However, I have one issue that I can't seem to solve despite
pouring over the docs and FAQs.

 	We have a host that has a service check enabled (say
ping or ssh) which I want to disable.  CGI auth and external
commands aren't enabled.  I edit both the services.cfg and the
servicegroups.cfg and commented out the service in question.
After restarting nagios, it no longer appears as a service for
that host (great!).

 	But I'm still getting the notification emails about
host being down, etc.  Is there an alert cache somewhere that
I also need to disable to stop the emails from coming?  Or did
I just go about everything the wrong way?

 	Thanks for any help that you can provide.

kp

P.S. This is running on gentoo with Apache 2.