Schedule downtime by triggers and/or by service group

Tillotson, Jeff jtillotson at techtarget.com
Thu Oct 16 22:52:28 CEST 2008

Thanks for your response.

>> 1) Is it possible to schedule downtimes by service group?
>
>Yes. On one of the servicegroup pages (Summary, Overview or
>Grid) click on the "short" name of the servicegroup. You'll see it.

Yeah.  I laughed with a co-worker.  About 2 minutes after hitting send I did just that and found what I was looking for.

>> 2) When I tried to trigger a downtime of another scheduled
>downtime (a host) it got the end of the downtime right but
>started the downtime immediately.  Is this a bug or am I doing
>something wrong?
>
>How exactly did you schedule this downtime? There are several
>different ways downtimes start, and it's hard to say why this
>one did without knowing what your parameters were.

I scheduled a downtime for a host with a fixed start and stop time.  Then when I went to schedule a downtime for a service I use the scheduled host's down time as the trigger.   It seemed to ignore the triggers start time.