Monitoring Wimdows machines

stan stanb at panix.com
Tue Dec 22 21:06:05 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 10:54:14PM +0530, Kumar, Ashish wrote:
> > Yes, we have done all of these. We do live in a world with way too many
> > firewalls. What ports should we check with nmap between the
> >
> > What else can you think of that we might need to check?
> >

> Try this:
>
> edit nsc.ini, in the log section uncomment debug and file options, e.g.
> [log]
> debug=1
> file=NSC.log
>
> restart nsclient++.
>
> from nagios server run a command like
> $ check_nt -H $HOST -p $PORT -s $PASSWORD -v UPTIME
>
> post the output of check_nt command and output of NSC.log, if any.

To clse the thread. We had 2  problesm. We had odd networking, and the
nagios machine is dual hiomed. We had put the wrong IP in the config on the
Windows machine, but fixing that did not make it work. We had to tell the
windows client what IP to bind on (it's only interface BTW). It is a
virtualbox machine, with a bridged interface from the host, so mayvbe that
had something to do with it.

Thanks for the help!