Auto-adding services

Sun Jun 21 07:50:03 CEST 2009

I'm trying to simplify my Nagios administration. To do that, I would
like to automatically add passive-check services. The mechanism is
fairly straightforward: parse out the nagios.log file and look for the
error message.

[1245563104] Warning:  Passive check result was received for service
'XXX' on host 'yyy.zzz.com', but the service could not be found!

The only challenge is to make sure I only add the same service once,
even if the error appears multiple times.

But before I get started on this, I was wondering if this is reinventing
the wheel? Does somebody else already have such a tool?

Thanks!

--
Kevin Keane
Owner

Office: 866-642-7116
http://www.4nettech.com

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein is intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or attachments thereof.