blank perfdata: not parsing macros

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Wed Mar 18 10:06:06 CET 2009

2009/3/17 M P <reg at eyesopen.org>:
> Hi,
>
> I have nagios3 running (installed via apt-get on Debian). Everything worked
> pretty well until I tried to add graphing support.
>
> As described in numerous how-tos, I added the following to nagios.cfg:

What kind of graphing support are you trying to add?  There are
various kinds including Nagiosgrapher and PNP.

Don't forget that if the plugin doesn't produce any performance data,
there will be nothing to graph!  Check the service detail screen for
the service you're interested in and check that there is some
performance data there.

I'd recommend installing Nagios using the standard instructions rather
than from the repositories.  You'll learn more about how it works that
way, and will find installation of various add-ons much easier than
battling with whatever directory layout whoever built the packages
decided on.

Cheers,

Jim.