[OT] Network help?

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Sat May 9 01:07:30 CEST 2009

2009/5/8 Israel Brewster <israel at frontierflying.com>:
> We are going bald here tearing our hair out trying to figure out what could
> be causing this issue. Sabre technical support is no help - they just say
> it's our problem. Management is coming down on us pretty hard to get
> something working here, so any help anyone can provide would be GREATLY
> appreciated :-). Let me know if I left out any relevant details or testing
> we performed!

You have my every sympathy.  That kind of network problem can be a
right pain to solve.

I had a similar problem with a VPN from home to work a while ago.
After lots of googling I found the home router I was using had some
problem with packet reassembly (whatever that is) which was fixed by
upgrading to the latest firmware.  It was a bit strange because when I
wasn't using the VPN to work (just using normal internet) the router
seemed to work flawlessly.  It was only when I was connected to the
work network over SecuRemote that the problem reared its ugly head.

Once I'd upgraded the firmware, it was fine ...

... then I replaced the router with a wireless one from a different
manufacturer and even when I connected wired the problem was back
again!  Served me right for buying a cheapo one.

Not sure if that will help you at all though :-(

Jim