distributed nagios ?

stan stanb at panix.com
Mon Dec 13 21:34:59 CET 2010

I have a Nagios instance that curently monitors about 70 machines. Now I
have a addtional network coming on line that will "hide" behind a firewall
using NAT. It seems to me that the way to deal with this is to install
Nagios on one of the machines behind the firewall, and have that instance
report ist's results back to my master Nagios instance.

I have tried a number of Google search terms, but have not come up with the
one that describes this methodology. What is the Nagios terminology for
this setup?

Any pointers to docs on how to set it up?

Thanks.