Oracle DB Server

Jason W. jwellband at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 13:39:04 CEST 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Jim Avery <jim at jimavery.me.uk> wrote:
> On 26 October 2010 14:44, Chris Hudson <chrishudson at gmail.com> wrote:

>> you to cd to /etc/ld.so.conf and edit/create a file called oracle.conf and
>> insert the following path in the file:  /opt/oracle/lib
>>  Is this referring to a path on the Oracle server I will be checking,
>> because this path (/opt/oracle/lib) does not exist on my Nagios server.
>
> The oracle.conf file under /etc/ld.so.conf needs to point to whichever
> directory contains the library files (*.so).

For the Instant Client (at least the RPM version), the correct path is
something like:

 /usr/lib/oracle/x.y.z.a/client/lib

e.g.

 /usr/lib/oracle/10.2.0.4/client/lib

Don't forget to (re-)run ldconfig for it to see your changes. I use

 ldconfig -v | grep clnt

to verify that ld.so can find the Oracle libs. If you see libclntsh.so
listed and pointing to a file, you should be good to go :)

--
HTH, YMMV, HANW :)

Jason

The path to enlightenment is /usr/bin/enlightenment.